This blog follows fatmanthinwallet’s dining adventures around the world.
The fat man with the thin wallet is a twenty-something lawyer living in the Australian capital of Canberra. The fat man’s love of fine dining was discovered following an evening at Wolfgang Puck’s Spago in Los Angeles, California, USA, where a truffle-laden tasting menu supported extremely attentive and friendly service made the fat man truly aware for the first time of how eating out could be an experience on par with seeing the world’s best sights.
Since then the fat man’s tastes and expectations have been greatly expanded, perhaps to the detriment of restaurants in his hometown, but he continues to remember that good food can be located in the most humble of restaurants just as easily as the world’s best restaurants.
The fatmanthinwallet’s most memorable meals (updated March 2012) in dining order:
- Degustation at Courgette (Canberra, Australia)
- Dinner at Yamashiro (Los Angeles, USA)
- Tasting Menu at Spago (Los Angeles, USA)
- Dinner at The Pub @ Ghiradelli Square (San Francisco, USA)
- Colours, Textures and Savours Menu at Guy Savoy (Paris, France)
- Tasting Menu at Sage (Las Vegas, USA)
- Tasting Menu at e by Jose Andres (Las Vegas, USA)
- Dinner at Momofuku Ssam (New York, USA)
- Lunch at Marea (New York, USA)
- Tasting Menu at Per Se (New York, USA)
- Lunch Set Menu at Le Cinq (Paris, France)
- Lunch Set Menu with supplemented spaghetti aux jambon at Ledoyen (Paris, France)
- Tasting Menu at The Fat Duck (Bray, England)
- Tasting Menu at The Square (London, England)
- Lunch at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (London, England)